Alison and Mark hope to see you for our first major celebration in our new Texas house on:
Saturday, October 4th.
RSVP required (or you won’t be admitted through the gated-community entrance). That’s just how they do things around here. The guardians are more strict than Monty Python’s… (“It’s only a flesh wound”), so be sure to comment below with your “last name, first” so we can add you to the official list. Also let us know if you are bringing anything (carrot cake, extra ice, and specialty beverages are always welcome).
Did we mention this is a Texas-themed party? Casual dress. No spurs in the pool.
If you missed all thirteen of Mark’s annual St. Louis celebrations and don’t know what to expect, here are a few probable highlights:
* Debra’s homemade Cajun gumbo.
* Ribs, ribs, ribs–with our tried and true rub recipe (brown sugar, garlic salt, sea salt, pepper, paprika, and a dash of cayenne pepper).
* The now-notorious booze luge
* Jello shots.
* Two fully-stocked bars.
* Live music. Possibly some performances of the companion songs from my memoir and two novels by the original music artists.
* Swimming! This year we have a pool and attached hot tub so bring your bathing suit (or not, skinny dipping not authorized until after dark).
* Coney Island side show performance including “Mr. Blockhead” (he hammers nails and screwdrivers up his nose).
Please leave children and sensitive adults at home.
We will have valet parking in front of the house. Please carpool as much as possible.
DON’T DRINK and DRIVE. Come prepared with a designated driver or a scheduled cab or Uber to take you home or to your hotel.
Guests have come from as far away as Singapore, Sweden, The British Virgin Islands, and all over the USA to attend previous parties, so don’t let a little distance get between us.
Closest hotel: La Quinta Inn and Suites
(and for you high rollers out there, it’s across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel and Resort).
La Quinta Inn and Suites 972-261-4900
Walking distance, and also a shuttle is available to attend the party.
Room rates are $82 per night.
4225 N MacArthur Blvd
Irving, TX 75038
Support the party, buy one of Mark’s books:
E-book and paperback versions available on Amazon.
Author happy to sign paper copies at the party (hell, he”ll even sign your Kindle if you’d like).
Guest List… So Far –
(e-mail or text us for our address if you don’t already know it)
Linneman, John ‘Scuba’
Shultz, Karla ‘Kae’